Adoption and Fostering Solutions
At Fuse we can provide a number of services for Local Authorities or private agencies who have responsibility for caring for children, or who have responsibility for providing ongoing support to adoptive families.
Individual therapeutic work can be provided to children and their foster / adoptive families. This will usually follow an attachment based therapeutic framework such as Dyadic Developmental Psychotherapy.
Consultation can be provided to Local Authorities, schools, foster carers or adoptive carers to help them understand and manage the behaviours of children in their care. A Psychologically Informed Care Planning meeting followed by specific recommendations will help services to organise placements that meet the needs of the young people in their care.
Training provides a vital part of the development of services for Looked After Children. Foster Carers and Adoptive parents need access to a comprehensive package of training to help them in the vital job they do. We have developed training packages on the following topics:
- Managing Self Harm – A guide for Foster Carers
- Parenting with PACE – Playfulness, Acceptance, Curiosity and Empathy
- Understanding Shame in Children with Early Developmental Trauma
- ASD or Attachment difficulties – A guide to understanding the key differences and similarities
- Understanding Attachment.
- Understanding the effects of Early Developmental Trauma on the brain
Other training packages can be developed to meet your bespoke needs – please contact us to discuss how we can help you.